Five Minutes in Ptuj

Železnica opremljena z slikovnim gradivom, se pravi fotoreportaže z malo teksta in vsebine. :)
Odgovori
Uporabniški avatar
andersley
Strojevodja I
Strojevodja I
Kraj: Ptuj, Slovenia
Kontakt:

Five Minutes in Ptuj

Odgovor Napisal/-a andersley »

Driving into Ptuj (for more DIY supplies), whilst crossing the bridge over the Drava River, on the adjacent rail bridge a couple of light engines were also heading towards tha station. So I quickly changed lanes and headed for the station, parked up and sprinted to the platform. The two light engines had stopped, so I started taking pics. Then I saw a Reagan was approaching with an intermodal. Whilst this was happening, a 642 on a local freight arrived from Pragersko and had cleared the single track in time for the intermodal to keep rolling towards Pragersko.

A pretty interesting five minutes!

Slika

Slika

Slika

Slika
Uporabniški avatar
andersley
Strojevodja I
Strojevodja I
Kontakt:

Re: Five Minutes in Ptuj

Slika

Slika

Slika

Slika
Uporabniški avatar
andersley
Strojevodja I
Strojevodja I
Kontakt:

Slika

Slika

Slika

Slika

Slika
Gorchi
Kontrolni
Kontrolni
Kraj: Cerklje na Gorenjskem

Odgovor Napisal/-a Gorchi »

Alan, may I please ask You what is the definition for the light locomotive? I would hardly say that series 644 would be "light", might be moderate but still... I saw this term elsehere so I am really curious about it's definition :)

And yes, thank You for great photos ;) =D> =D>
Goran
Uporabniški avatar
andersley
Strojevodja I
Strojevodja I
Kontakt:

Goran, sorry, 'light engine' is a term used in the UK for locomotive(s) running but not hauling any wagons.

My first train photographs this year, but I hope to get many more, and want to fully explore Ptuj and the surrounding area. Plus further afield, of course. ;)
kit

Odgovor Napisal/-a kit »

andersley, nice pictures =D>
It is a beautiful model SŽ 642-187 :mrgreen:
Uporabniški avatar
andersley
Strojevodja I
Strojevodja I
Kontakt:

Thank you. I did not have my SLR with me, but luckily we keep a camera in the car so I was able to capture the action. :)
Gorchi
Kontrolni
Kontrolni
Kraj: Cerklje na Gorenjskem

Odgovor Napisal/-a Gorchi »

andersley napisal/-a:Goran, sorry, 'light engine' is a term used in the UK for locomotive(s) running but not hauling any wagons.

My first train photographs this year, but I hope to get many more, and want to fully explore Ptuj and the surrounding area. Plus further afield, of course. ;)
Aha, here's the catch! I alsways assumed that light engine is due to it's (own) weight, not whole train. Thank You Alan!
Goran
Odgovori